January 2, 2012
Hello everyone, hope you had a great holiday season and are ready to get back into a routine and by that I mean back to sewing and quilting, of course. I have been busy working on the new shop; thanks to all of those of you who have stopped by to say hi, who wave as you pass by, and those of you who have posted messages to me! I am very happy with the new location on Fort St/Antique Row (825).
I am missing my own sewing and quilting time, my hands are getting itchy to work with fabric again. Soon I will be working on new samples for the shop, can’t wait to share them with you. I also have some new projects I want to share with all of you so stay tuned for more details to follow shortly. I have been snapping lots of photos but alas my camera cable (to upload photos) is missing in the move….hopefully it turns up soon.
Let me address some of the questions that have come up thus far:
- will we have classroom space? – absolutely! It will be an open and welcoming space and I hope to keep it pretty filled up with happy quilters. One of my favorite quilt shops in AB (The Chicken Coop in Mundare) is run by the fabulous Val, who welcomed my friends and I in to her classroom space any day it wasn’t booked, at no cost. We spent some wonderful days there visiting, shopping, laughing, and even quilting. I would very much like to open my classroom to small groups [of quilting friends], just give me a call to book your day. I will have coffee and there are [of course] at least 2 coffee shops on the street.
- will there be parking available? – Yes! There is street parking in front of the store (both sides of street) and a loading zone (perfect for dropping off your sewing machine for classes or sewing days). I will also be offering one hour free parking at the City parkades vouchers (the Library parkade is the closest, I think).
- Bus service? – Yes, there is a bus stop on the street, I don’t know all of the bus routes just yet but will keep you posted, or feel free to post here if you know which buses stop on the 800 block of Fort St.
- Bicycle parking? – yes, again, right in front of the store.
- I belong to a local group who previously met at Satin Moon – will you have room for us? – Yes, I am happy to welcome you to the new Satin Moon Quilted Garden, my classroom space is your classroom space. I will be setting up those times with you soon, to begin in February.
Please, keep sending me your questions and comments, I want Satin Moon Quilted Garden to be your shop too!