February 27, 2011
Victoria Sewing show -from Buttons to Bustles
Posted in Special Events, Techniques and Materials tagged Bubble Gum Button, Bum Rolls, bustles, Button Lady, corset, Farthingales, hand made ceramic buttons, Thumb Button, waist cincher at 9:53 pm by satinmoon
A big kiss to all of you who braved the snow
and visited us at the Victoria Sewing Show .
My most exciting find was The Button Lady.
Wendy is another very talented local, Pender Island artist
With pottery and glazes in my personal history , I really loved the Bubble gum buttons
and the thumb buttons. You will find them embellishing our bag models
and for sale at Satin Moon SOON.
But it was Farthingales
that set me off on a whole new area of learning .
I laughed myself silly !
Lucky there were no Bum rolls
or bustles to try on too !
I would love to arrange a night of champagne,
and try-on/dress up with corsets
followed by a one day waist cincher class.
Why a corset?
- Wear a corset to be noticed.
- Wear a corset to feel confident.
- Wear a corset to get a vintage silhouette and fit a period costume
- Wear a corset to fit last years dress or this year’s bargain buy
- Wear a corset to fit into vintage dresses!
- Wear a corset to support your back
- Wear a corset to encourage better posture
- Wear a corset for FUN!
- Wear a corset for elegance
- Wear a corset because there is no better way to go strapless!
- Wear a corset to make a statement.
Let me know if you would like to join the
comfort and fun !