May 8, 2012
Post quilt show, Mother’s Day and more information….
A HUGE thank you to everyone in the quilting community for their support and warm welcome at the Victoria Quilt Guild Show and Sale last weekend….
Your support and encouragement were so gratifying after the hard work of the last few months. So many people stopped by to say they had visited our new shop, enjoyed their visit, were pleasantly surprised by the parking at the new shop, how friendly the shop is, and so much more. And of course we were trying to spread the word far and wide about our new location…we hope those of you who have not yet been in, will find us and stop by in the coming months!
The previous week I was invited to speak at the Westshore Quilt Guild for their April meeting. I want to thank you for being so welcoming! I had a great time and was pleased to recognize so many of you from having visited our shop. Thanks and I look forward to having a booth at your show next spring!
This week, in addition to unpacking and catching up on our rest, we are running a Mother’s Day Celebration from Thursday to Sunday…here are the particulars,
Specials (both in-store and online)….
- all flannels in stock, on the bolt, bolt-ends, fat-quarters, are all 30% off – last chance at this price
- 20 flannel fat quarter bundles – $65, show special held over until Sunday, check out the 2 book/booklets we have displayed with the bundles for “Turning Twenty” patterns…turn 20 fat quarters into full bed size quilts, quick and simple! Our bundles have a modern/masculine feel to them and would make a perfect gift quilt for the men in your lives!
- Large selection of children’s panels and book panels at 50-60% off
- Scrap bags (new selection) $7.50 each (regular price $10)
- Good selection of new items added to our clearance section
- 108 inch wide backings 30% off
- All in-stock Christmas fabrics (bolts, panels, bolt ends, and fqs) are 30% off. A great chance for you early-birds to get started on your christmas projects!
- Last chance to get in on our Collectible Tin Challenge, each package is $9.99 and includes one “tin” and 2 fat quarters as well as the challenge guidelines…quilts are due June 1st, prizes will be awarded!
- Sunday – Mother’s Day – each Mom will receive a little mystery bag with purchase (no minimum)
This Sunday we will again be offering a free demonstration…we have decided to offer a second demo on felted wool due to the strong interest in the felted wool at the VQG show….the demo will be set up for the entire afternoon (noon to 4) and Susan will be available to answer questions, show you a variety of projects, get you started on a project and so on…please come in and ask Susan [McGregor] about the Felted Wool Demo! And parking is free on Sundays!
More fabric? Yes, lots mores new fabric lines – come and check them out! Lots of bright prints, some “word and letter” prints, new asian fabrics, bright new children’s prints, more Eiffel towers, and new batiks too.
Remember, our web-shop is now open! All of our specials are also available online and we are working hard to get all of the images updated on our website, thanks to Nicole and Sharron!!
PS….I will endeavour to include a few pics, they are from a few weeks ago now but still lovely…hope they want to make you come to Victoria! I will try to get out and take some new pics now that our weather has turned to summer!